What information do we collect?
A. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
- Customer Data (Small Business): When signing up for our products, you voluntarily give us information. This can include your name, profile photo, share, comments, likes, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, demographic information, type of business, deals and promo info, username and password, Store logos, or any other information you provide us. When using SalePointer on a mobile device, you can choose to provide us with the location data. When purchasing an item on SalePointer, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and the item you purchased. when purchasing an item other than yourself through SalePointer, you will also provide us with their shipping details and contact information.
- Customer Data (App/Website User): When signing up for our products, you voluntarily give us information. This can include your name, profile photo, share, comments, likes, the email address or phone number you used to sign up. When using SalePointer on a mobile device, you can choose to provide us with the location data.
- You may also require permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account to SalePointer, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from these services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
B. We also get technical information when using our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there is information that gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when using our products. Below are examples of information we collect:
- Log data. When using SalePointer, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browse br or mobile app sends while visiting a website. This log data may include: Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages visited that included SalePointer features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used SalePointer, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device using SalePointer, including what type of device, operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all data, often depends on what type of device you are using and the settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether the device is Mac, PC, iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off SalePointer from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
To learn more about the types of information advertisers may share with us, please Contact us.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information collected to improve upon the products we provide, develop new products, improve the Services on your behalf or the stores partners, and protect SalePointer and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better. If you make a purchase on SalePointer, we will save your payment information and contact information for future reference the next time you intend to purchase and item through SalePointer. Other examples include:
We may also use the information we collect in order to operate, maintain, and improve the systems and infrastructure that provide the Services. The store retailers authorize us to do so and acknowledge that this may also result in improvements to the Services, since centralized systems and infrastructure support the Services. For example, we may use crash logs from your use of the Services to identify and fix bugs that may also be present in the Services.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like trackers or comments, happens on SalePointer), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. Depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include items you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on SalePointer. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on SalePointer. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on SalePointer using your email address.
- To protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect workplace’s rights or property.
- Connect through services to third-party apps, websites, or other services.
- . Disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products and services and the products and services provided by the salepointer family of companies described here.
In the event of a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency.
Transferring your information
Salepointer is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including in the united states, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a salepointer account, many of the choices you have on salepointer are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your salepointer account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your salepointer account from an account on another service (e.g., facebook or twitter). For some services (like facebook, choose whether or not to publish your activity on salepointer to that service.
- Create or be added to a secret board. Secret boards are visible to you and other participants in the board, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the board available to anyone else. For example, another participant may invite someone else to the board, make the board available to an app they use to view salepointer, or even just take an image from the board and email it to their friends. For more information about secret boards, please visit our help center.
- Choose whether salepointer will be customized for you using information from off-salepointer websites or apps. If you have a salepointer account and want to control how your off-salepointer data is used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your preferences. If you don’t have a salepointer account, or don’t want us to customize salepointer for you when you’re signed out, you can opt out here.
- Choose whether your purchases on salepointer will be used to customize recommendations and ads for you. You can view and manage your purchase history by going to “order history” in your account settings. If you hide a purchase from your history, we won’t use it to customize salepointer for you.
- We support the do not track browser setting, you can learn more about how it affects our collection and use of off-salepointer data.
- Close your account at any time, we’ll deactivate it and remove your items and boards from salepointer. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- In addition to the examples above, we offer other choices that you can learn more about in our help center.
- You may have choices available to you through the device or software used to access salepointer. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
- If given consent, this includes sharing information with other services (like facebook or twitter) when chosen to link to your salepointer account to these services or publish your activity on salepointer to them. For example, you can choose to publish your favorite items to facebook or twitter.
- When purchasing an item on salepointer using a credit card, we may share the credit card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you’re buying from. The merchants treat this information just as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information shared with them.
- If you buy something on salepointer using apple pay, your credit card number is not shared with the merchant, but contact and transaction information is still shared.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on salepointer. To learn more, please see our help center.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or salepointer; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on salepointer how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on an item after viewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
Salepointer is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page and revise the “effective date” date. If you continue to use salepointer after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.